It’s once again that time of year: time to order bee packages and full hives!
Each three-pound honeybee package is enough to start a new hive and includes approximately three frames of bees and a mated queen. Orders must be received by April 1, 2021. Packages must be pre-paid. All orders are final and nonrefundable. They will be available for pick-up in Potter Valley on April 11 and 12.
- 1-4 packages: $175 each
- 5+ packages: $150 each (only one contact person allowed)
- 1 complete hive: $450. Includes bees (we will install), two 10-frame boxes with frames (one deep and one shallow), top and bottom boards, an in-hive syrup feeder, and a hive tool.
Please click here to fill out an order form. We will follow up on all orders with the total amount owed and payment options.
Delivery and Installation
Carson is available to deliver full hives and/or deliver and install packages for an extra fee. This includes either a 15-minute consultation/Q&A session or a 60-minute training including how and when to open your hive; how to find the queen; how to make sure the queen is laying eggs; how to identify larva vs. honey cells; how and when to check and treat for mites; and time for Q&A.
|Location||15-minute consult||60-minute training|
|Ukiah, Redwood Valley, Potter Valley||$30||$100|
|Hopland, Willits, Upper Lake||$40||$110|
|Mendocino Coast||If there’s enough interest, we will coordinate a coast day and price it based on total number of deliveries|
Carson is available for private, on-site visits throughout the year and can work with you on:
- How to do mite counts and apply mite treatment
- How and when to feed syrup and pollen
- How to extract honey from established hives (not first-year hives)
- How and when to split healthy, established hives into two or more new hives
- General training/hive troubleshooting/Q&A
Sessions vary in length depending on what is covered. The cost is $75/hour plus $1/mile traveled from central Ukiah.
Note that in 2022, assuming the worst of the pandemic is behind us, we plan to offer workshops throughout the year which will be arranged both inland and on the coast, depending on interest.
Everyone who places an order will receive package installation instructions and a disclaimer outlining our policies once the bees change hands. We will always try to do right by our customers, and we must also try to protect ourselves to the extent possible.